Delter Press Coffee Maker
What is different about the Delter Press
The Delter Press coffee maker is actually not an immersion brewer. Instead, its makers have dubbed it an injection brewer. The ground coffee is held in a separate chamber from the water until you choose to start pressing. This is an important point, as it avoids water leaking through prematurely and also prevents unintended agitation, which can lead to over-extraction.
Water and coffee only make contact through the process of plunging with the Delter Press, which really makes it quite unique. Our first results with it have been delicious, but we also believe that this is still uncharted territory. Nobody has yet tapped into this coffee maker’s full potential, and we’re excited to see what is to come.
The Delter Press also features a clever brew chamber design, that allows you to control water flow, and top up mid-brew. This means that, with the aid of its helpful volume markings, you can do things like pre-infuse your coffee, or easily do a double batch.
While some have called it an Aeropress competitor, we think the Delter Press belongs in its own category. The way it brews is actually completely different and quite unique. Read on to find out more.
It may look familiar, but the Delter Coffee Press is a whole new way of making coffee. It continues a tradition of amazing new coffee tools coming from Kick Starter, and is designed by Mark Folker, the same inventor who created the Trinity ONE. We’re very excited to be the first to make it available in South Africa!
Delter Coffee Press features
- Jet Seal — The unique Jet Seal prevents any unwanted agitation during brewing
- Injection brewing — Extraction happens through plunging
- Easy to clean
- Very portable — It weighs less than 250g
- Easy to use
- BPA free — Made of Tritan copolyester
- Double batches — easily top up the water and brew larger batches of coffee
- Pre-infusion — use the Jet Seal to pre-infuse your extraction
- Comes with 100x filters (additional filters sold separately and will be available by mid-June)